As it moves towards its 50th Anniversary in 2014, the Woodbridge Metro Chamber of Commerce is seeking a fresh new look for its Chamber logo and is inviting high school and college students, who reside or attend school in Middlesex County, NJ to design an attractive, creative, and professional logo to vividly propel the Chamber into the next half century. “There’s a lot of artistic talent in our County and we want the students who are about to enter the workforce to know what a Chamber of Commerce is all about and the value it brings to its members and to the community,” said Chamber Executive Karen Barnes. “Our member businesses are doing more and more to get involved in our schools. They want to connect with students as potential consumers and perhaps future employees. This opportunity is a great way for our Chamber and its members to partner with talented students, educate the next generation of business leaders and tap into their creativity.”
Students are encouraged to design and submit a logo that is simple, distinctive and promotes the Woodbridge Metro Chamber of Commerce as a voice and valued resource for the business community. The Chamber is an information center for business and works cooperatively with area companies and non-profits, local and county government to expand the networking opportunities for its members.
The logo contest is a kick-off to a year-long celebratory series of events in 2014 marking the Chamber’s 50th Anniversary. Deadline for logo submissions is January 8, 2014. The student who designs the winning entry will receive $250.00. If the winning student was encouraged by an educator to participate, that educator will receive $50.00. Winners will be announced and the new logo unveiled at the Chamber’s Special 50th Anniversary Luncheon on March 2014. For details, please call 732-636-4040. Official Logo Contest Rules can be downloaded from the Chamber website at www.woodbridgechamber.com. Logos should be submitted to Karen Barnes at [email protected] Logos should be submitted in their original source file as a high resolution jpg.
This document describes the official rules (“Official Rules”) of the Woodbridge Metro Chamber of Commerce (“WMCC”) Logo Design Contest, the (“Contest”). The object of this contest is to design a logo for the Woodbridge Chamber, the voice of and leading resource for the business community. Information on how to enter and about the prizes is part of these Official Rules. To the extent of any inconsistency, these Official Rules prevail.
“Entry” means a logo design created by the Entrant for this Contest.
“Entrant” means the individual that offers the Entry under the terms of this Contest.
1. The Contest is open only to individual high school and undergrad college students who reside in or attend school in Middlesex County, New Jersey. The Contest is not open to companies, educational institutions, organizations, etc. or to groups associated with such institutions.
2. Family members of The Board of Directors and staff of the Woodbridge Chamber are not eligible to enter the Contest.
How to Enter
1. Entries must be submitted by email to Karen Barnes at http://[email protected] The entries must be submitted in jpeg format. Hand delivered entries will not be accepted.
2. The email must include the name, age, postal address, phone number and email address of the Entrant. The entrant may, if referred to the contest by an instructor, include the name of that instructor and school, in their entry form.
3. No more than 3 logo entries may be submitted by any one Entrant.
4. Entries must conform to the Submission Guidelines set out below. Entries which fail to do so will be rejected.
5. Contest begins on November 1, 2013 and ends January 31, 2014. WMCC will attempt to acknowledge all entries within one week of receipt; however, we cannot be responsible for entries or responses lost in e-mail.
6. There is no fee to enter the Contest.
1. The purpose of the contest is to design a logo for the Woodbridge Metro Chamber of Commerce. The logo will be used online, in print, and on merchandise. Flexibility is a key requirement, including the need to resize easily and to look good in black and white as well as color. The final version of the logo will need to be suitable for high quality printing.
2. The WMCC is not responsible for lost, late incomplete submissions or entries not received for any reason. Entries become sole property of WMCC and none will be returned.
3. By entering, entrant warrants that their entry (1) is original and (2) has not been published in any medium. Entrants should use care to ensure that their Entries are not in any way similar to existing logos or other copyrighted images.
4. The logo must contain the words… “Woodbridge Metro Chamber of Commerce.”
5. A tagline………”Building Business… Making Connections Since 1964” should also be incorporated into the entry.
6. JPGs 1000 pixels square of the logo are also requested so that entries can be posted to WMCC web site without the need for conversion.
Subject to the eligibility requirements outlined above, the winning design will be announced at the Woodbridge Metro Chamber of Commerce Special 50th Anniversary Luncheon in March 2014. Every effort will be made to inform the winner in time for him or her to attend. The winning designer will receive:
1. A $250 cash prize.
2. The right to use the basic logo and identify him/herself as the logo designer.
3. Should an educator refer the contest to the student producing the winning entry, that educator, if clearly stated as the referring instructor on the student’s official entry email, will receive a $50 cash prize.
Judging and Selection of Winner
1. The winning design will be selected by judges appointed for the purpose and by the WMCC. Their decision will be final. No further correspondence shall be entered into.
2. WMCC reserves the right not to select a winner if, in its sole discretion, no suitable entries are received.
3. WMCC reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant or Entry at its sole discretion. No correspondence shall be entered into.
4. The winner, and/or if under the age of 18, his or her guardian, will be required to sign an agreement assigning all ownership of the logo to WMCC.
5. Accepting the prize constitutes permission for WMCC to make public and otherwise use winner’s name for publicity purposes. Further personal data may be requested but is not required.
1. All submitted work must be original and not based on any pre-existing design.
2. All Entries will become the sole property of WMCC and may be displayed publicly on WMCC web sites and used in any and all media for possible editorial, promotional or advertising purposes, without further notice or compensation.
3. The winning Entrant agrees to transfer all right and title to the Entry to WMCC in accordance with the Official Rules of this Contest.
Participation constitutes the Entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules. By participating in the Contest, the Entrant is representing and warranting that he/she has read and understood, and agrees to be bound by, these rules. Including the guides and rules referred to herein, these Official Rules constitute the entire agreement between the Entrant and WMCC in relation to the Contest. They govern the Entrant’s participation and supersede any prior or other agreements between the Entrant and WMCC and relating to the Contest.